Reading Room, 7 pm
We met, we agreed and we’re going ahead. This is a short update, to keep you informed.
Preparation – if youlike
Bring up to 250 words to share and share feedback on. This is about improvement, admiration and fun.
Blog update coming soon
Being a writer’s group, the first thing we planned is a blog about yesterday’s meeting, this is being written by a group member and will be posted soon. Blogging will be shared fun.
We will introduce a dyslexia-friendly approach. This may be accomplished by:
- changing our site colour scheme, or
- helping members set-up their browsers to meet their specific personal needs
We’re looking into this and aim to have a solution by the end of the year.
Click here, bottom of the page
Here’s a wee list of what people noted on our ‘Contact us, Write with us‘ forms. Talk about a broad parish.
- Getting a group going, setting up a writing group
- A bit of everything
- Short stories
- Stories with bit of a twist
- Dark stories
- Newspaper articles
- Historical fiction
- Writing in Scots
- Nature writing
- Short fiction
- Writing for children
This is the poster for our first event.
If you want to let someone know about this, just send them a link to this page short link just copy and send the bold text: https://wp.me/pae1nj-1j.
You can get more information here and generally explore our site.
The cartoon is “the Absent Husband Cartoon” from Pinterest.
Our first post – DIRECTIONS BELOW
… a writers group for aspiring writers in or around The East Neuk of Fife. If you live miles away and want to attend, you are equally welcome.
…writing now? Have you done any writing in the past? Would you like to get back to writing? Would you like to start writing? If you answered “Yes” to any of the above, this might be the group for you!
We propose to:
- Set up a new writers group in the East Neuk for anyone who is interested
- Have an initial meeting to clarify what people might want
- involve people with a common interest in writing
- help them develop the skills they want
- share information and support each other
- invite experts to talk on subjects of interest
- build and sustain our own blog
Where will we meet?
- the Colinsburgh Galloway Library in the Reading Room
- the 95 bus stops, east and west, are close by, so we can check the timetable for those who wish to travel by bus
When will we meet?
- once a month on a nominated day e.g. every third Thursday The time could be confirmed at our first meeting but possibly two hours e.g. 7 – 9pm
- to be agreed between us, but enough to cover the hire of the Reading Room, running costs and proposed events
- we estimate £3 -5 per session, to include a cuppa and biscuit
- we might even stretch to a bun!
On our first meeting we are delighted to have author, Merryn Glover, Co-Chair of the Society of Authors in Scotland along. Follow this link to find to find out more.
What to do next …
If you are interested in our ideas and would like to come to the initial meeting, or be informed of future plans, please contact us. Leave your contact details and share some thoughts. Our first meeting is on 25th October at 7 pm.
We will not share your information with any other person or group. If at any time you want us to remove any information we hold about you, please get in touch
We look forward to hearing from you!
‘I get a lot of letters from people. They say: “I want to be a writer. What should I do?” I tell them to stop writing to me and get on with it‘. Ruth Rendell
Starts on Thursday, 25th October
The date is set. Get started here, share what you like, come if you can.
Our guest … Merryn Glover
Merryn is Co-Chair of the Society of Authors in Scotland. We’re delighted to have her along.
She is awriter with a published novel and work appearing in anthologies, journals and newspapers, and has had plays broadcast on BBC Radio Scotland and Radio 4.
The reason she is available is that she’s having a short sabattical to spend time writing her next book, here in the East Neuk.
She will get involved with us and, if we want, share from her experiences. We have invited her to give a reading and talk about her work too … you’ll love it.
Find out more about Merryn’s work here.
Daring to Begin …
The longest Journey, as they say, starts with a single step. Join us and help make Writers’ Neuk a fun thing to do. Let’s get going.
Mac Logan and Jenny Hoggan
‘I hope some day to write something worth plagiarizing.’ Anonymous