Some days it’s just tissues … Some days it’s the ‘flu …
Here we are, well into 2019 and you’d think nothing is happening, wouldn’t you.
It may not surprise you to learn my New Year started with the lurgy. Still, my head is clearing. Be still all those who ask has it ever been clear?.
As for you “man-flu” giggle-and-pointers. I remember a famous epitaph (Spike Milligan?) “I told you I wasn’t well.”
Whatever, we’re back. Forgetting the man-flu, Jenny has been poorly too and is recovering.
Looking ahead for 2019
We will start meetings again on February 7th. At that time we’ll begin to plan our diary looking ahead whilst aiming avoid other writing group commitments people have, as far as practical..
Thinking of our programme, as a wee reminder … our areas of interest are here. This will help us flesh out a programme for the year.
Our Writing Agenda
We previously discussed interest strands, these are still live. Do you want to develop skills in:
Blogging and Social Networking?
Do you want to:
- Develop your blog writing technique?
- Help maintain this site?
- Write blogs for Colinsburgh Galloway Library? Right now, the library is developing a new site and there are likely to be exciting contribution opportunities.
- Set up and run a Facebook Group and, possibly, a Twitter presence?
Are you interested in:
- Building our programme of events and (possibly) workshops?
- Involving authors and other experts in visiting to improve our knowledge and skills? Meet and greet. Support event delivery.
This is where we make our get togethers serve us as writers in ways that will foster and develop our talents.
Growing your skills?
- What areas do you want to explore?
- How will we support each other in developing aspects of our writing skills and approach?
- What are our priorities?
We look forward to seeing you soon.