24th February 7 pm or a little earlier
Here we are again. Jenny is only just back in business (with a new laptop to boot) and I hope she keeps well.
As for me, after a hectic weekend with grandkids (Mr Bounci-Castle) … I realised The Writers’ Neuk was on tonight … oh dear.
Please consider this a panic attack. I won’t make excuses, but have plenty of ’em just in case; most involve writing and looking after energetic grandchildren.
Business of the day
The writing topic for today is: ANYTHING – that means you can share anything in your store-cupboard.
- Enjoy a few minutes buzz as we catch up
- Plan to introduce our writers’ words:
- All shared writing should be published under a nom-de-plume. Rationale is that protecting ID assists genre change, practise and the invitation of feedback and critique (accepting some of it might not always be ego massaging). Also, people well established in a field can avoid exposure before they want it (if ever).
- Provide an image to link with the NDP.
- Agree a way so a visitor to our site will readily find a chosen writer’s work
- Writers can invite critiques.
- We agree *not* to reveal anyone else’s ID.
- Create a monthly schedule for routine posts
- Develop a blog post rota for people willing to provide them. THis could also include editing practise for those interested.
On top of all this, we’ve had a notification about a local workshop. Does anyone know Victoria Mackenzie? https://victoriamackenzie.net/