Let’s Get Started
We did a great thing! We supported each other! It all began with a question about editing and how some of us struggle with getting past this stage in our writing. We gave each other lots of advice, including:
- get the gist down and go from there
- just get it all down in one go
- get a feel for it – Is it working?
- go back and edit/polish at the end
- simplify things
- read and self-edit as you go
We all had our own ideas but the one which resonated the most was:
“Don’t eat the elephant all at one time!” In other words, one step at a time but do what suits you best.